Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Cyber Antics!



The "Cyber" packages by Antic Software were some of the most creative Atari ST applications. I remember being mesmerised by the 3D modelling often demonstrated by magazines. The work of magicians, no doubt! Much later in the ST's lifetime, these were given away on magazine cover disks and I have such "fond memories" of pushing my mental capabilities to the limits with Cyber Studio CAD-3D. It looked so easy in their articles!

So why am I talking about warez that bamboozled me? Well, Martin Doudoroff has written an awesome article called "The Antic Cyber Graphics Software". It's certainly an interesting read with fascinating detail of history and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I have? There is no denying that the Antic catalogue is rich in the ST's history and you will be impressed to know Autodesk owes its roots to these old Fuji apps. Which is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment