Monday, May 23, 2016

Walls Of Illusion



Sit back and relax for its Jackanory time!

Today, I picked up a random (#101) issue of Atari ST User magazine (see below) from my collection and sat down for a good read with a nice cuppa joe. All of a sudden, I was in shock, and almost spat out my coffee in disbelief. There it was. Something I had forgotten about: my old Motelsoft favourite - Walls Of Illusion.

How could I have forgotten about this?? Perhaps I'm crazy!! Yes, but, for those that don't know, Walls Of Illusion is a "Dungeon Master" and follow-up to Arcan which was released in 1993/4 (shareware). This is an impressive and extremely well-made RPG so I think I should lock myself away for a few days to relive the adventure?

Has anyone played this great RPG? I'd love to know if there are any fans out there and what you think of the game, especially in comparison to the original. I remember playing this game like crazy even though I would never have come close to finishing it! Anyhow, I feel like I've just been reunited with an old friend and I'm so happy :)

AtariMania has the full registered version to download. Go on, get it. Play it. Live it!!


Okay, it's time to be flabbergasted because
Motelsoft still has a website w/ Atari ST downloads!


5 comments:

  1. This was released 1993, sort of the year after i stopped using my STE. I wonder how good this game could have been, by all the same. I was playing Ultima Underworld in 1992 so no worries ;:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You missed a lot then, and this game is brilliant mate. Why not look right for the yearly links for other ST goodies you’ve missed ;p
      Look right for “ Atari ST games by year of release”

      Delete
    2. I did search in 1993 on your page, but found almost nothing

      Delete
    3. haha trust you!

      Delete