Wednesday, October 04, 2017

River Raid for Mega STe



Thank you, Carol Shaw!

I fancied a quick blast of one of my favourite ZX Spectrum games - RIVER RAID!! Okay, I know it's lame compared to the Atari 2600/5200 versions but I have happy memories. So I figured I should put this Mega STe muscle to use and boot up the Speccy emulator for some colour-clash gaming action. Sadly, there was never an official Atari ST version released.

Obviously, I cannot record directly off my Mega STe so I duplicated the setup in Hatari to make this video: a stock 16Mhz Mega STe with TOS 2.06 runs the game well as it's almost at the same speed as a real Speccy. Hey, perhaps my recording might fool people into thinking this is real? Well, until they see the GEM desktop right at the end of the video!!

If you wanna emulate more older computers on your Atari ST then check out this section of my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment