Saturday, June 23, 2018

Anarchy



Too quick for this old man!

Running this humble website means that I get to play tons of Atari ST games - it's hard work but somebody's gotta do it!!! (don't hate me lol). Quite often, I will revisit games that I remembered being good at... Well, I thought it would be a neat idea to play the amazing Anarchy by Psygnosis [Wayne Smithson/WJS].

Anarchy is basically Defender with tremendously fast visuals, great audio and exciting arcade gameplay. It's fun and challenging running at a jaw-dropping 50/60fps (to think WJS didn't use the Blitter!!). Yeah, I remember this being a wonderful example of what the ST was capable of when in the hands of a developer who cares.

However, as I've gotten older, I've started to realise that there are some games which I shouldn't boot up anymore. Games that push my reactions too far and Anarchy has proven itself to be my new personal gaming nightmare!! Yep, I was all over the place wondering just what was going on as I died over and over again. In the end, which was fun!

... So, what is your "Anarchy" ??

2 comments:

  1. But, damn, that cover...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I know right. And boy, my speed to reply!! ;S

      Delete