Friday, March 27, 2015

Desktop dreams!

I promised a few people on twitter that I would post a desktop piccy from my virtual Atari Falcon because they were curious how it compares to a typical Falcon. Of course, nothing compares to the real thing but there is a so much potential with Aranym. In the picture you can see the following running within my Falcon MiNT OS setup :

     - Thing Desktop.
     - NetSurf web browser displaying this very website. (very original, right)
     - zView, reading Atari ST Gamer Magazine (PDF).
     - a bash shell for the unixy part and it's running the 'top' command.
     - mxPlay, blasting out Adam And The Ants mp3
     - Atari Works which I use this to write for this website!
     - AtarICQ, the best chat application.
     - AniPlayer, showing off a little fly animation.

Falcon resolution 2560 x 1440 @ true colour