Saturday, May 14, 2016

Zynaps


Zynaps was released by the mighty Hewson back in 1988 and is a brilliant shoot 'em up. The smooth scrolling graphics are lovely and accompanied by equally lovely sound effects. Heck, even the title music is memorable and I'll be humming it all day now... Trouble is this, Zynaps is one tough cookie and will test even the most gifted player to his limits. With more lives, I feel the difficulty would have been overcome but I'm sick of seeing that 'Game Over' screen!

So let's enable infinite lives. Right now, I am playing level 3 and it's superb because I had previously never got this far. So with a little "tweaking" Zynaps can be transformed into a mega blast and one I absolutely love! Just saying.

LINKS

 - AtariMania has Zynaps within their ST database website.
 - Klaz' Hideaway has created a version which can be installed to floppy and hard drive.
 - Peter Petari has also created a great version which is hard drive installable.
 - I recorded two videos, watch if you dare! (video 1 & video 2)