Monday, August 24, 2020

ymphibian


DOOM!

I recently read that Effect had released a brand new demo by Tom Kito which is stuffed with 12 tunes by Proto. I love chiptunes, and the Atari ST already has some incredible musicdisks in its library, so I had high hopes. Thankfully, ymphibian is foot-tappingly superb and I enjoyed it so much that I made this recording to share.

There's a range of crackers here and that E1M1 tune is shockingly great and something this old Doomguy enjoyed!! (how could I not?). Also, I really appreciated the autoplay feature, which is something every music disk should have. So, as their website says, "sit back, grab a beer and enjoy the banging beats coming from your Atari ST’s YM2149".

You can download this excellent music disk from the Effect website. Enjoy...

2 comments:

  1. If you enjoyed the Doom tune, I think you'd like the intro it originally appeared in...
    https://youtu.be/pI91xHwqvxM

    Tom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, thanks. Not bothered much with demos lately. Well, not compared to previous years I mean... I'll check that out 👍🏻

      Delete