Friday, November 19, 2021

Xenomorph



Dungeon Master in Space?

This is Xenomorph by Pandora, a 3D RPG that I'm going to be playing for eternity and thus will never get around to completing. But, I wanted to map it and share that with the world. Sadly, I don't think that will ever happen with life getting in the way. But it's a brilliant RPG and something that everyone should take a stab at because it's far more than simply "Dungeon Master in space". It's an exciting and unique adventure in its own right - plus the visuals are quite literally outstanding and probably the best of any similar 3D RPG available for the Atari ST.

Many moons ago, I found a map of this game on the internet which I hope you will find as helpful as I currently am (all credit for the mapping goes to Thiima). Anyhow, I've zipped it up along with the manual and some hints (again, ripped from the net). I just wanted to share what I had found, so get that downloaded and play this superb game.

Here are thumbnails taken from the PDF within the above download. Tempted to play now? I really hope so...









2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 30, 2023

    The map comes from Thiima who has a playthrough of the Amiga version of Xenomorph up on youtube. Great game. I remember mapping it out on graph paper back in the day apart from some of the duct levels with those damn green blobs you could only stun temporarily. Any notion of mapping accurately went out the window so I didn't find myself cornered then jello-slapped into the next life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPrMz1SrAhI (see video description for link to map spreadsheets)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh yes that’s it! I remember now and will update this page with credits when I’ve time. Thx :)

      Delete