Friday, March 17, 2023

A book all about Atari ST demos



Democyclopedia - The Book!

There is a brand new book in the works all about the Atari ST demoscene and it's written by ST Survivor (aka STS) who I'm sure you will remember being interviewed a few years back? This book is based on his blog which alphabetically documents more ST demos than you could shake a stick at. The French book was released last year and when I recently heard that the English version was finally available to pre-order... Yeah, you know that I just had to have it!

The book is hardback of a beefy A4 size which I'm very happy about - gotta be big to exhibit the beauty of the ST demoscene! The release date is May and published by Cote Gamers (they of Iceblox Plus and Toogle and other goodies).

Click on the link below to find out more information and online ordering. Why not take a look at his blog whilst you wait for the book version to plop through your letterbox. Congrats Sebastien - I can't wait for mine to arrive!!






A few words from the man himself

"My love for ATARI ST demos started a long time ago in 1994 or so. Back then I joined a democrew called NLC first as the main editor of the Frenck ToXiC MaG and then as a pixel artist. Around 2015 I started writing a blog called Democyclopedia that is dedicated to ATARI ST demos. I decided to sort all effects alphabetically as well as I added my own favourite demos, a tribute to all pixel artists and some personal articles.

As I reached more than 150 articles and thought this was the end of it, a friend suggested I should turn my work into a hardcover book, this is how I came to work with publisher CotÈ Gamers. The 250-page French edition was released last summer and it was indeed more successful than I expected! We are now working on delivering the English edition within the next months but preorders are already open, so go for it! -STS"




No comments:

Post a Comment