Sunday, January 22, 2023

Frankenstein



Wait, Master, it might be dangerous. . . you go, first!

One of my favourite lines from the cult classic movie that is also fitting for Zeppelin's Frankenstein, a "horror-themed" platformer that had us searching for gruesome body parts for an ungrateful (and mad) scientist. Of course, there's nothing much original about this but its structure, challenge, scary graphics, and perfect joystick controls help make this one of my favourite Atari ST games. It's the bee's knees; you can read about it by clicking here. (go on, click it!!)

So, why am I telling you again about this old platformer? You've guessed it - it's now fully mapped for your viewing pleasure! Now, before the negative nelly's love to tell me, I do know there are maps already out there (based on another computer's version of the game). Regardless, I wanted to make an official Atari ST map - without a watermark :-)

Hey, do you want more Atari ST game maps? Of course, you do so click here for my new section! (WIP)

The map is horizontally-enormous so it's pointless including a thumbnail of the entire thing as you wouldn't be able to see anything. So here are a few snippets from different parts and you can download the hi-res map by clicking here. I hope you enjoy the map so much that you are persuaded to play the game? Let me know in the comments below...


The morgue area really pushes that time limit so it might be worthwhile shifting a few items a little closer?

The crematorium area was one of my favourites because it's simple but superbly designed with hidden touches.

This is the first area that most found challenging because of the stupid hidden platforms... not a good idea!!

Ghosts, creepy hands, bats, dead people... what more could you ever want from a horror game!

2 comments:

  1. How do you find all these wonderful games that i never heard of. I thought i knew it all. Next you'll come up with some vampire game im sure. You crazy nut. Mummies or zombies? What will you do next....

    ReplyDelete