Friday, May 13, 2016

Accelerator



Lost forever?

Accelerator was demoed in ST Action #31 all the way back in 1992 and appears to have never been released. Well, I may be wrong as I'm hoping there are registered versions out there... somewhere... as the full game would have only set someone back a tenner. That's pretty decent and I expect a few copies were sold? I really hope so.

This racer looks, and plays, a LOT like a certain Atari racer, but, with smooth scrolling. Digital Reality was going to be the 'publisher' so I'm assuming they went Kaboom or the guys gave up? Has anyone got any information to share? I hope the full version can be found one day. Let me know if you have information or a disk image!

Credits:
Digital Reality Ltd
Peter Thorp (coding)
Hamish Cooper (graphics + sounds)

AtariMania has the download of an early demo version and it's ace so we need the full game desperately!

No comments:

Post a Comment