Zany Golf is one of those game which I spent most of my college years playing. It is such an incredibly addictive and entertaining game, especially with friends. Forget the scruffy, badly maintained crazy golf courses in your local park because Zany Golf is a sprightly alternative from the creative mind of Will Harvey (The Immortal). The objective is exactly - play through whacky courses to get that darn ball into the little hole. Yes, that's my technical explanation!
Controls are performed using the mouse and feel somewhat similar to any snooker or pool game. Simply click & hold on the golf ball, a line appears to help guide the speed and direction of your shot. It's very easy to master, without a major learning curve, thus it is immediately playable. Interestingly, a level of interaction will often be required and this might include controlling the wind fans, manually guiding the moving ball, playing pinball, and even making a burger bounce. It's quirky, it's silly, it's a little lame, it needs more courses but overall it is terrific fun!
- I just couldn't post this mini-review without including a video :-)
- Here is a screenshot of my current progress to drool over...
- 8BitChip have kindly created a version which can be run from your hard drive.
- If all you need are the floppy disk images then just see Old Games Finder.
- AtariMania has Zany Golf listed within their ST database.