Monday, February 01, 2016

N.o.B.I. - Racing

My thanks to James Mackenzie for pointing me in the direction of this oddly named monochrome game which he thought I should try. It's called N.o.B.I Racing by Joytrick (1994) and is basically a 'snake' clone were you guide 'Alfred' through a series of mazes.

Always hungry and always on the move, he needs your assistance whilst he munches everything! However, each time he eats, he grows a little longer and this can become quite embarrassing - he might bite into himself. Ouch!

So your task is to safely help Alfred through the various mazes without biting his own tail. Simple stuff but the gameplay will become faster as you progress through trickier levels and all this during an ever-decreasing time limit. There are two types of bonus levels at frequent intervals, support for two players, DMA audio, and compatibility for ST Medium. Heck, even those lucky Falcon owners aren't left out in the cold. NoBI Racing is excellent. Simple, very addictive and a bucket load of fun. Highly recommended!

LINKS

 - Download NOBI Racing from Old Games Finder.
 - Here is a little YouTube video recording I made. Enjoy the mono delights!