I've never heard of Bellum and only found it by accident when trolling Stonish earlier today. It's always nice to stumble upon something you missed back in the day and this Galaxian wannabe might have poor graphics, few sound effects and no music but the gameplay is rock solid. In fact, it's darn gorgeous and is such a great blast to play.
Like the arcade games, aliens will appear in formations just waiting to be shot. However, these guys move pretty rapid as the levels progress and they also enjoy swooping down to clutter the screen for some frantic action so shoot first and ask questions later - these ET's are incredibly trigger happy! You are free to move in all directions but be careful because your ship can only take so much damage before bits and pieces begin to drop off! Thankfully, bonuses are frequently available for repairs, speed and increased firepower. Bellum Internecinum is fantastic fun!
- Here is a small video recording I made for y'all to drool over!
- AtariMania list it within their ST database website.
- It also appeared on various cover disk which you can find over on Stonish!
- More downloads are available via Old Games Finder .
- ST Format also found this beauty and featured it on cover disk #6.