Friday, August 16, 2024

exQUIZitely




Tests? Exams? Ugh, NO!!

It's always great discovering something new that people are working on and I've been talking with Ole who runs the Exquizitely website. This is dedicated to playing online quizzes with one area devoted to the Atari ST. There are different quiz modes, and all scores are recorded and saved with an option to replay anytime.

I normally hate things like this as I'm rubbish at quizzes but I've thoroughly enjoyed it. You shall note that a few of us from the ST world have already played. It was no shock (for me) to discover who made the top slot. I'll say nothing more but I'm sure you have already guessed? I'll give you a clue, it isn't me! :)

ExQUIZitely is a professionally designed website by two friends, Ben & Ole. What a great website and I'm happy to have helped (a little) to beta test it. Also, I asked Ole for some background on their work...

"Ben and I created the site to make something purely driven by passion. We both have day jobs, so we do this exQUIZitely project on the side, after hours. That's why word of mouth (or any other help) is so important. We wanted a clean, playful, ad-free, no-BS site. Ben is a programmer, and I do all the other stuff (design, content, reaching out). We wanted an 80s theme, hence the pixel-style graphics and the old-school 80s TV screen layout for the quiz."

I urge you all to check this out for yourselves... https://exquizitely.com/quiz/Atari-ST-Games



Three quiz modes last 1-3 mins or you can play sudden death.
Here, I am playing "stacker" mode. This is abbreviated by "ST" pleasingly enough!



Challenges can be set with the results taken and recorded.
Ole challenged me in the (of course) Atari ST quiz.



There are loads of other quizzes you can partake in.
I tried one about the capitals of countries. Never have I sucked so badly... Ugh!!



If you're interested in more external ST-related websites, check out this section of AtariCrypt "Other STuff Out There!". That is listed on the right, alongside tons of other sections!


4 comments:

  1. this is a test

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve... man... thanks so, so, so very much, this is absolutely gorgeous! Ben and I will continue to work on this, more Quizzes to come. By the way, the site has a "create your own quiz" option, so for any Atari ST (or even Amiga!) fans out there, by all means, give it a go and reach out if I can be of any help. Thanks to all for playing and thanks again Steve for your kind support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fun! Id probably do very well :)

    ReplyDelete

Some more random ATARI ST articles

Rogue (STe DMA audio)

Like what I do? Hey, do you wanna help support AtariCrypt??