Sunday, August 04, 2024

Nostram




Locked Doors, Keys & Demons

You may remember I mapped a platformer by Daniel Walton called Deluxe Nostram? That is the sequel to... wait for it... Nostram which he released a year earlier and many got it on an ST Action cover disk.

Anyhow, this earlier version features fewer rooms but the visuals, lack of sound effects, and puzzles remain very familiar. Sadly, there are quirks with the controls and I noticed several bugs. One forces you off the screen to displace us stuck in a distant wall. Another made it impossible to kill the boss if you got too close! Thankfully, I have listened to my own nagging (for once) and made sure I saved regularly.

I won't review this game because it's incredibly similar to the Deluxe edition so I would only come to the same conclusion. However, it is definitely worth playing and I loved the explorational element. Plus I completed it within a day (wow!!). Hmm, I might actually prefer this game because there are fewer empty rooms!!

Okay, the image below is a thumbnail of the complete map; to download the hi-res version click here. I've not labelled any spoilers (although if you get stuck feel free to comment for help). But let's be honest, the puzzles are easy - a lantern for the dark room and locked doors need a key. Yep, it is that tough.

Nostram is downloadable from these cool kids... [ Atarimania ] [ Atari Legend ] [ AtariUpToDate ]



AtariCrypt has other ST games mapped. They are linked at the top, or lazy people can click here :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some more random ATARI ST articles

Rogue (STe DMA audio)

Like what I do? Hey, do you wanna help support AtariCrypt??