Sunday, September 01, 2024

BSW DCD #020




Blue SoftWare

Whenever I think of a typical menu disk, it had loads of games and was released by one of many different cracker groups. Several others did the same thing but kept it legit by packing demos, intros, freeware games, etc. Germany's Blue Software is one such group and they called them DCD, aka Demo CDs.

Now, you know I love to relive my ST years but I cannot remember seeing more than a handful of Demo CDs by Blue Software. This is odd because I was/am a geek and remember collecting the entire library of The Source, Ripped Off, Serenade, and POV. So I went digging through the Demozoo archives to see what I could find. Incredibly, they were so active, releasing 99 DCDs before migrating to The Chaos Engine.

Okay, I've picked DCD #20 for a few reasons but, mainly for the loading screen! This is a fantastic image of a revamped GEM desktop. The background tune is eerie and captivating, I first assumed it was ripped from Archipelagos. It's not. I know that I've heard it before but can't remember... Can anyone help?

Anyhow, hitting the spacebar takes you to GEM to access twenty intros. Most of these are by Pompey Pirates and cool screens by The Syndicate, Empire, and the Mighty Replicants. I especially liked that full-screen image by Killer D (remember that?). What a great disk; really enjoyed it. I love exploring our hiSTory!!

Demozoo links for BSW DCD [ disk download ] [ group library ]




Blue Software made many productions but it's the DCDs I loved most.


Disk Maggie Intro by The Ultra Crew. What a stunning SINE scroller.



Old school and I love it, this is Contact Foxe by Zodiac.



Delta Force Copy Party Demo-Screen by The Replicants.



Delicious Disk 003 Intro by The Syndicate.



Flying Brains - running in full overscan!!



A Small Intro by The Empire and The Fallen Angels.



Pompey Pirates Menu #059 Intro by Pompey Pirates (
check this out).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some more random ATARI ST articles

Like what I do? Hey, do you wanna help support AtariCrypt??