Friday, July 28, 2023

Dementia



Crazy pixels

I booted up Corporation the other day, it's an FPS/RPG developed by Dementia in 1990 for Core and is one of the most disappointing Atari ST games I've played. The concept was superb, it sounded like it could be a next-gen Dungeon Master. However, it was badly executed with terrible controls that failed miserably. Who beta-tested this?

Anyhow, you're probably wondering why I'm bothering to type this? Well, it's been a while since I posted anything into our Pixel Art section and I will say one thing about Dementia... Erm, what was it now? Sigh... I've forgotten... It's okay, I've remembered... (sorry, it's my memory)... That's right Corporation boots up with the fantastic Dementia logo, which I think is tremendous. This image a superb example of 16-bit artwork (and yes, I realigned the text. I know, I know)

So I figured the game should get a replay after all these years. And it did. I grabbed the hard drive version but only lasted about 10 minutes before smacking the ST's reset button! (floppy disks are also available). Hate the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment