Friday, July 31, 2015

Prehistorik


Sometimes I just don't feel like spending several hours continuing on with a life-sucking epic adventure. Some days, I just want a quick 5/10 minutes worth of fun. Well, lucky for me, I found the perfect game by Titus and it's called Prehistorik. It's a fun, no-frills platformer which was developed in STOS, I believe. Which is kinda cool.

Imagine if you had BAMM-BAMM from The Flintstones, but when he's older and wearing a caveman's beard. Okay, now add the psychotic desire to club cute prehistoric dinos (and then loot their caves for food) and you have the perfect idea for a game! Well, this is basically what Titus has done with Prehistorik so if you fancy a quickie, then why not load up this game and get clubbing dinos? Seriously, I jest (a little) because there's actually more to this game than clubbing animals for a few minutes. The visuals are pretty cartoony and well designed with gorgeous backgrounds. Each sprite has been drawn perfectly with its own unique personality and some of the faces they pull, when knocked unconscious, is hilarious! In fact, it's the characters which are one of the best parts of Prehistorik.

This is a simple platformer and I would hardly say the best our Atari ST has to offer. But, it's fun and full of humour and that makes it so enjoyable! Clubbing animals is great fun so give it a try, highly recommended!!

LINKS

 - Here is my video recording which obviously displays extreme gaming talent. Try not to be too jealous!
 - 8BitChip has released a hard drive installable version which is brilliant!
 - I've only ever found one map of the game and would love to find others. Please help!