Tuesday, January 24, 2017

GEM Desktop


DeskFX is a GEM utility that I thought was pretty cool and quite entertaining, if annoyingly flawed. It replaces three parts of our beautiful GEM desktop - the default font, choice of wallpaper, and an animated mouse pointer. As you can see, above, the wallpaper feature only updates every three seconds which is a little lame compared to DeskPic. However, the new fonts are superb and (like a big kid) I just loved playing with various animated pointers!

It appears the author had an STFM and DeskFX worked fine on my computer in both resolutions. Sadly, I couldn't get it to work on my Atari STe in LOW resolution but it worked okay in medium, which is probably what most people will be using anyhow. I thought this was a nice utility to share and you'll find it on disk UTL-4410 over at Floppyshop :-)

 --> Wanna read about more cool warez? Then check out our "Software" group :)