Monday, August 27, 2018

Hibernated 1 - This Place is Death



WooHoo a new Atari ST game!

Hibernated 1: This Place is Death is a sci-fi text adventure by Stefan Vogt and released for a variety of different platforms along with our beautiful Atari ST. We are Olivia Lund onboard the intergalactic spaceship, Polaris-7 who has awoken from stasis. The ship appears abandoned and has been caught by an alien tractor beam.

You know, text adventures aren't often my cuppa tea - the brain needs to be fed visual wonders before I wander off dazed... But, I have gotta say, I've really enjoyed myself with this rather splendid adventure which has a fantastic sense of humour. The parser is easy to use with a two-word command system using Examine, Get, Open, Search, Move, etc. There are also shortcuts: I for Inventory and R to re-describe the current location. Medium resolution is supported but oddly not monochrome... The docs advised making a map and that is a very good idea!!

Hibernated 1 is possibly the first of a new trilogy that can be downloaded and bought right now. Name your own price - which I think is a wonderful idea - thus play before you pay. Are any text adventurers lurking out there?

UPDATE: You can now purchase a physical boxed release! :-)


This adventure has a great personality with cheeky remarks using buckets of humour!


A droid is punching me and I try to examine it. What was I thinking? A nice response though!!


Yikes, what is on that computer? The last thing we need is to be quarantined for four weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment