Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Myth



What might have been...

Myth was a promising game by System 3 Software which was released on a number of different platforms - except for the Atari ST. We got a playable demo to whet our appetites before they later pulled the plug. There is no audio whatsoever but the first stage is playable in comparison to what I've seen on the net.

I've read what I could online but there's no real explanation as to why it was never released. So disappointing, because I got a promising (Gods) vibe from this demo. The graphics are fantastic with smooth scrolling and I enjoyed kicking and stabbing demon filth. Yup, this might have been great so I'm gutted System 3 wimped out... wow, the potential!!

The download is here and there are even more unreleased Atari ST games to cry over. Grab a tissue!

For my video recording, I added a great chiptune by ActoDi called Friday.
This funky music is my jazzy way to brighten up a sad story!

3 comments:

  1. Thanx for the credits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you come back and make more ST tunes. Very talented with a great unique style. Thank YOU. :)

      Delete
  2. Its a Game that need a second chance, maybe programmed in STOS

    ReplyDelete