Wednesday, August 31, 2016

BeGEMeD


BeGEMeD is a fantastic version of Bejewelled and is created by Alexander de Vries for the Atari STe (and later models). It features gorgeous 16-colour graphics with the in-game music by Dma-Sc, which is utterly sensational. A demo was released at STNICCC 2015 however, I think was living on another planet back then and completely missed it... So I've been catching catch-up and spending lots of my spare time lately playing BeGEMed.

I later contacted Alexander to thank him for his hard work and before long I was testing his betas! I'm thrilled to report that there have been numerous bug fixes and new features galore in the current beta with a final release due very soon. BeGEMed is a fantastic puzzler, I am honoured to have played a (tiny) part in its production and I'm very excited to see the Atari ST homebrew scene so active. I cannot wait for the final release... watch this space, folks!

LINKS

 - AtariMania has the download to the latest beta release on their website.
 - Alexander has created his own webpage for BeGEMeD with a link to his own video recording.
 - Here is my video recording of BeGEMeD (I only get to level 7 but level 12 is my personal best)
 - Dma-Sc has a massive Atari portfolio of talent and its all listed on Demozoo.
 - Last year's public release can be downloaded off AtariMania.