Friday, December 30, 2016

Outrun New Year Demo

I'm going to end 2016 with a brand new release by a good friend of mine - Bionic Nerd - aka Peter Jørgensen. Outrun New Year Music Demo has just been released and I've recorded a few seconds of each track as a little teaser for you all. Clickety click to grab this cool musicdisk "intro" right now and enjoy it. :-) Here is a little background by Peter:

Hi all, I made this little new year music demo because I always loved the music from outrun and I always felt that we Atari ST guys were cheated on. Firstly, there was a track missing. Secondly, it kept shifting between the two other tune every time one would die. Lastly, I do not think that David Whittaker did his best. The music files are YMT format running at 300hz and the reason the program file is so big. In the new year I will make a new sound format, still as fast, but be taking less space but you will need a 2mb Atari to run this. Thanks to everyone for listening and I hope you like this? Thanks, Peter.

2016 has been a fantastic year for the Atari ST/e platform. We've seen bucket loads of demos and games come out or in development. I've also made lots of new friends, TOSsers as I like to call them! But seriously folks, we have a fantaSTic scene made up from some fantaSTic people and it's been a pleasure to know you all over the last twelve months and, indeed, since I began AtariCrypt. Let's hope 2017 brings many more goodies for us all to tinker with! My sincere thanks to everyone for popping over to AtariCrypt throughout 2016. All the best and a Happy New Year!!