Friday, June 03, 2016

Crime Wave (MIA)


You know me, I love the Atari STe and are always on the hunt for games, demos and programs that make use of the enhanced hardware. Today, whilst flicking ST Format (issue #58) I noticed a review of a homebrew game called Crime Wave, by Dillon Agoma from 1994 and it appears similar to Super Cars. It makes use of hardware scrolling, however, the reviewer wasn't too pleased with the controls so perhaps it was still a work in progress?

I've googled it to death but sadly found no information. This is a tough one to research because it is titled the same as a commercial game by US Gold plus it appears that no PD library ever stocked it because Crime Wave was only available directly from the author. I have written a letter to Dillon, so let's hope he still lives in the same house and has a copy of Crime Wave to share with us...

October update: Sadly, I have not had a reply to the letter I posted :-(