Monday, January 18, 2016

UIS

Here is a program which I have been using since the golden oldie days thanks to the ST Club and I've found it extremely handy over the weekend. It's the excellent Universal Item Selector by Application & Design Software.

There has always been a good selection of replacement items selectors for the Atari ST probably because the standard GEM model is so bare bones. However, UIS (as it's known to its friends) has always been my favourite. Only this weekend I had to trudge through a folder containing over 100 tracker mods, deciding which to move and which to delete. With UIS installed, I can do all the file management without quitting back into GEM, a fantastic tool. What is your favourite GEM enhancement you cannot live without?


The manual is stored over on the fantastic Atari Document Archive website