Thursday, March 24, 2016

a day in the life


I have far too many boxes for serious program gathering dust on my ST-shelf so I figured I should make an effort to learn 'em or bin 'em! First up is Master CAD, by MichTron and, after brushing away a thick layer of dust, I opened up the box and lifted out a rather weighty manual. "Time for a good read", I thought. However, I almost fell into a coma because it's extremely dull and rather confusing so I figured it best to load it up and have a play...

Installation was the first stumbling block, it insists on the C drive which is doable but cluttering up my boot partition isn't something I'm happy about. The next problem was a lack of examples to work from (steal) so, all in all, not exactly a great start! With little guidance, I continued on best I could but it's clear MichTron written this for the established designer and being thrown in at the deep end wasn't going to work! However, I did attempt to map out a crude plan of the first map of DOOM which started off well but soon ended in a clutter! After much time had passed, I realised I had little to show for all my efforts so I've now given up!

Sure, Master CAD appears to be a promising application and I imagine it's darn powerful too. But the interface is baffling to a noob like me so I cannot say that I was too impressed. Perhaps I should stick to playing games? Click here to see just how Master CAD affected me!!

I hope you enjoyed this silly post but I'd still love to know if any of you guys have had success? ( download it )