Thursday, March 24, 2016

Master CAD



A day in the life

I have far too many boxes of serious programs gathering dust on my ST-shelf... I figured I should make an effort to learn 'em or bin 'em!! First up is Master CAD, by MichTron. After brushing away a thick layer of dust I opened it up and lifted out a weighty manual. "Time for a good read", I thought. However, I almost fell into a coma because it's so dull and very confusing! Perhaps I should stop reading and just boot the thing up...

Installation was my first stumbling block: it insists on being stored onto Drive C, which is doable but it's cluttering up my boot partition. Not something I am happy about. The next problem was a lack of examples to work from (and yes, that does mean steal). My journey into the serious side of the ST wasn't exactly off to a great start...

With little guidance, I continued on the best I could. However, it was instantly clear MichTron wrote this for the established designer rather than somebody like me - and being thrown in at the deep end wasn't going to work. Later on, I tried my best to map a crude plan of Doom's E1M1 which soon look like a cluttered mess.

It was long before I gave up! Click here to see a photo of how Master CAD affected me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment